Monday, 27 June 2011
I watched "The Wedding Date" the other evening. A RomCom where a single woman hires a male escort to accompany her to her sisters wedding weekend in order to make her ex jealous. I can think of many reasons to hire a male escort but stirring the "green eyed monster" in former partners is not one of them. However it got me thinking about these men who hire themselves out to women of varying ages, occupation and status. Their role is simple enough....remain attentive, engage in intelligent conversation, listen to their "date" and look smart and handsome whilst pretending to be an "old friend", "business associate" or whatever else is necessary to convince the onlookers that he is with her through choice and not for financial gain. Discretion is paramount unless of course you are happy to introduce "Julian" as the man you've hired for the evening because you can't find a decent looking man of your own!
There are, however, those women who are avid escort users. They do not have the time or energy to deal with conventional dating methods but enjoy no strings male company where she is completely in control.
There are numerous online sites and agencies. From those who just want an innocent dinner date and would never pay for any "optional extras", to those who slip him an extra few pounds and he'll be escorting you to the nearest hotel room for what is basically paid sex. Females are not the only customers of male escorts but men too who are typically between 40 and 60, very wealthy and exist in a world where money literally buys anything. For these last two types however, the title "male escort" is really just a smokescreen for a "male prostitute" and "rent boy".
Is it better than a "one night stand"? Well it's likely to be healthier and safer (most escorts carry condoms) and you're guarateed a good time. Maybe I should try it myself ( strictly for research purposes only of course)!
Is it morally right? This depends on the person doing the hiring and being hired. If it rests easy in your mind and no one gets hurt then I guess why not?
It is in principle a business relationship where both parties involved know exactly what to expect and what is expected. Money doesn't even change hands as this is prepaid to the agency.
But there is an element of double standards here. Whether you like it or not, whether its wrong or right, lets face it...if a woman buys sex the man is a male escort, but if a man buys sex the woman is deemed to be a prostitute.
Sunday, 19 June 2011
The top 10 everyday niggles and passion killers in relationships are defined as follows;
- Weight gain/lack of exercise.
- Money & Spend thriftiness
- Anti Social working hours
- Hygiene issues, personal cleanliness
- In Laws & extended family seeing too much/too little of.
- Lack of romance (sex, treats etc)
- Alcohol - drinking too much
- Snoring and anti social behaviour
- Lapsed fashion sense - losing touch with fashion & wearing the same old underwear/clothes
- Bathroom habits failing to lock doors, stray toenail cuttings, cleaning up etc
Weight gain is inevitable. Going out to dinner, sharing take aways, curled up together watching a movie eating ice cream, pop corn , chocolate etc will all contribute to that expanding waistline. Once realisation hits that you literally eating the contents of your bank account then common sense prevails and cut backs are introduced hence the need to watch the pennies and decrease the spending. Cue the arguments over how much was spent in the hair salon and the night out with the lads. In addition to keeping the wolf from the door, extra money needs to be earnt and what does that mean? Yep you guessed it....anti social working hours of course! And if your working all the hours in the day, who has the time and energy to devote hours and hours in the bathroom?? Enter # 4!
So how do numbers 1 - 4 lead to # 5? Well if my gorgeous sexy partner had turned into a lardy lazy arsed, stinky pits haggered looking scrooge, I would be too embarrassed for anyone to see him or would use spending time out with my friends and family as an excuse just to get then hell away from him! # 6 - lack of romance/sex.....well do I really need to explain?? 1 - 5 have already put paid to any bedroom antics or loving gestures.
At this point you are now in a relationship with no sex, no money and no time together so there's only one thing for it....alcohol!! You've been driven to it. Drowning your sorrows or getting blind drunk to block out the reality! Bring on # 8! Excessive drinking leads to anti social behaviour and a drunken slumber leads to loud body shaking snoring.
# 9 & 10 I'm sure you can figure out yourself but I think I've made my point.
The slow demise of a relationship stems from the beginning. This knock on effect sequence snowballs and gets out of control.....however only if you let it. If I've learnt anything from past relationships it is focus more on what he/she does well and don't sweat the small stuff!
Sunday, 12 June 2011
A second award was bestowed on me some days ago....I am a little remiss to ackowledge it but would like to thank Kelly from Psychocarnival: http://psychocarnival.blogspot.com/2011/05/award-from-minute-mans-wife-and.html for this honour.Greatly appreciated!! Now you never know what you are going to get from this guy, I guess that's why the word "Psycho" feature in his blog title. Most of his posts are not for the faint hearted or anyone who offends easily, yet other posts are full of sensitivity giving him an edgy appeal. If you want a good laugh then visit his blog NOW!
Having received this award I am to also mention another 5 bloggers who I feel are noteworthy of this accolade which is about supporting other fellow bloggers. So here goes.............
- Count Sneaky http://countsneakysjournal.blogspot.com/ : MORAL AND REFINED, UNIQUE, AND ECCENTRIC ENTERTAINMENT FOR LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF ALL AGES... A man full of great advise, thank you.
- A Man Challenging His 'Inner Critic'. Klahanie is a great support to old and new bloggers alike. I received my first award from him and consequently more interest and interaction with my blog. Gary, thank you!
- Little Pink Rain Boots - http://littlepinkrainboots.blogspot.com/ - A very endearing blogger who has written her own book and I hope to follow in her footsteps. Download or buy her new novel "The Collector" by Julie Elliot - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vROrpgbYWDE/TeGbVIn57JI/AAAAAAAAAdA/k2tuIsm1h_A/s1600/Paperback.JPG
- Soundoff by Heather P - http://1soundingoff.blogspot.com/ A lady going through her trial and tribulations yet remaining positive throughout! An Inspiration!
- The Wolf writing at http://thesnafureport.blogspot.com/ - unbelievably blunt, none PC, says it how it is, no skirting around the bush, no looking through rose tinted glasses. Again not for the easily offended but certainly for the open minded, dare to go against the grain, reader.
Posted by GEM at 00:08